Monday, September 19, 2011

keep calm

Every other night at our house is shower night and the girlie's must get clean despite their sometimes complete disdain for my making them stop what they are doing to do so.  They know early in the morning that it is shower night and that they can at any time after school take a shower; they always choose to take them right before bed, which is fine, I prefer it that way, but if they are in the middle of something when I tell them its time the drama will undoubtedly unfold.
Last night was one of our better nights.  Bailey actually asked me if she could take a shower cause she wanted to go to bed and once she was done Katie had already cleaned up her stuff so she could take hers.  (I was a happy momma!) 
Bailey is five so I still supervise her shower time, mostly to make sure that she gets clean and my bathroom floor doesn’t get soaked.  Katie is eight and pretty good at washing herself up (all except the top of her head close to her forehead where she is afraid the soap will get in her eyes) so I don’t really feel the need to sit in the bathroom with her, especially since she loves to be in the shower and will stay there until the hot water runs out.  When she throws a fit about having to take a shower we don’t allow her to do this, it is get in, get clean and get out.  Since she had a good day yesterday and got her stuff cleaned up and ready for her shower without even needing to be asked we let her take her time.
As of this morning I don’t know that she will be allowed this privilege for a while!
I was in the middle of my shower this morning when I reached for my $10 bottle of Giovanni face wash…it was empty!  Totally gone!  What the?!  I know I had enough to get through this week!  And there, at the bottom of  the plastic cup used to rinse their hair was my face wash!  I was not a happy momma and my child was very lucky that she was still sleeping! 
I needed to vent so I texted my bestie…she of course calmed me down, cause she is amazing like that.  She reminded me that Katie is 8 and doesn’t yet realize that all this stuff we have costs money, nor does she realize that I have to drive an hour away to get this face wash.   She told me to “keep calm and love my children anyway”.  Is she a genius or what?  If you’re on pinterest you know that the “keep calm” signs are every where for everything  and now she came up with one all her own!  She even let me design it, love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment