Sunday, January 29, 2012

Successful Weekend

I am happy to report that I was able to complete everything on my list this weekend!  

Here is what I was able to accomplish...

After a surprise visit from my dad, Friday night didn't go quite like I had hoped, though I was able to get the bills paid and our taxes done.   A few hours of sleep and Saturday morning came all too soon.  I stumbled out of bed and got in the shower to wake myself up.  I made a meal plan and shopping list before waking the girls and getting them ready for scouts.  We left the house about 8:15 and hit grocery outlet, Bailey saw these mini cinnamon rolls and requested that I buy them for her scouts for breakfast.  Not the kind of food I usually like to buy for kids, but it was so sweet I couldn't say no.  After I dropped the girls off I met my sister at Ross for a little fun shopping, which of course took us way too long and we had to pick the girls up before hitting Safeway to finish our grocery shopping.  By the time I got home, put groceries away and had lunch it was 1:30 and I was beyond tired, so I took a nap.  My wonderful husband, knowing I don't like to nap for more than hour brought me a cup of coffee and got me up.  I had just enough time to spend an hour working on my business plan; I didn't do much, mostly research, but I did find an outline and printed it.  When my hour was up I cooked dinner.  Katie went to a friends house for the night and Bailey had a slumber party on my bedroom floor while I finished the first page of my plan, my mission statement.  Sunday morning I spent cleaning the girls rooms and doing laundry.  Bailey went down to her friends house to play and I used my "kid free" time to start a project, a chore/behavior chart.  Not only was I able to complete my project but I also made one amazing pot of split pea soup.  I would have liked to get one other project done but I am super proud of myself for accomplishing what I did.

I wish I had pictures to share, but I just can't seem to figure out how to get stuff done with a camera around my neck.  I hate to admit it, but I think I need an iphone, any advice on how I can get one without breaking the bank?

No comments:

Post a Comment