Thursday, November 24, 2011

Livingroom Redesign


I realize that Christmas is right around the corner and if there is a snowballs chance in hell that I will succeed in my goal of a handmade Christmas I should be spending every free moment working on a gift.

I however,  had serious creativity block and HAD to get this out of my head so I could move on.

My amazing husband spent a week painting the walls while I was at work and together over the weekend we tackled the ceiling.  I trimmed along the wall and he rolled out the rest, we were both hurting pretty bad after the send coat, but it was totally worth it!

The layout of my house is somewhat strange, the front door opens right into a wall!  There is maybe five inches between the wall and door when it's open.  So what do you do with only five inches of space?

Hang a window + moulding + coat hooks!  


Though I have a few ideas for the window I am currently loving the simplicity of it.

Next I took the shelves Jeff built for me and had him move them all to one wall.  I was scared of the layout I came up with but it turned out pretty cool.  Accessorize and TA-DA...






As much as I love my fall decor I am getting very excited to decorate for Christmas!

I turned a $10 yard sale frame into a magnetic chalkboard.  First use...


I wrote family at the top in all caps (since when I asked everyone to write what they were thankful for they all wanted to write family) then we all came up with something else we were thankful for.  

(Bailey wrote cat cause it's the one word she can always write without help.)  

Last I found this amazing painting at Ross that I fell in love with, now it's the first thing you see when you walk in the house.  Jeff built me a cabinet (it still needs doors and paint) to store all my treasures in.


Now I just need to figure out this corner...


I pretty much know what I want to do here it's just a matter of finding the right piece.

We still have doors and trim to paint + I'd like new furniture and (obviously) new floors, but for now I believe I have satisfied whatever it was in my head that wouldn't let me move past it and am ready to pour every last ounce of creativity I have into handmade Christmas!

Right after my trip to Olympia tomorrow to get the rest of what I need...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Nic
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment