Monday, December 5, 2011

Natural Thrifty Handmade Christmas - Dinning Decor

This year I wanted my Christmas decor to be cozy and warm.

I didn't have tons of money to go out and buy all new so everything would either have to be a natural element, a thrifty find or handmade.

Though I've begun decorating most of the house the dinning room is the only one with a done stamp.


Home Depot had an amazing sale on their cedar garland, $5!  The silver reindeer candle holder was a thrift store find and the other elements were things I already had.  A mason jar full of cinnamon sticks and a jingle bell hanging in a lantern.  I must confess that the table cloth is actually a blanket...  it was the only thing I could find that was the look I wanted.


More of that garland turned into a wreath with a little Dollar Tree accent.  My mom and I made the stockings out of thrift store sweaters, I cut, she sewed and I love them!  I wanted to do something with the top of the china cabinet but ran out of garland, I would have picked up another one but they were no longer on sale and I wasn't about to pay $14.95!


My buffet was easy, a Santa hat on my Buddha, a thrift store candle holder and of course, more garland.
(Once I actually start baking there will be goodies on the cake plate.)


I hope you like it so far.

If it isn't quite your cup of tea check out the link party over at The Lettered Cottage for tons of great ideas!

Up next, the mantel.






3 comments:

  1. Nice! This is the same look I'm doing in my house this year! I love the stockings and the cedar accents. Definitely cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with plaid!! Love those stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blanket as a tablecloth! Between that and the candlelight is feels so warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete