Friday, December 30, 2011

Veterinary Set

By far the biggest hit this Christmas was the Veterinary set that Santa, my Aunt Terri and I worked together on.  Santa went to Ikea and got 4 pet carriers, 3 stuffed pets, 2 pet beds, 3 pet outfits and a food and water dish.


I created a book for keeping appointments, x-rays and chart notes, a file box and a doctor kit.  For the book I started with an old time ledger binder that I found when we cleaned out an old office at my work; though I'm sure a three ring binder would work just as well.  Then I went online to twinkl.co.uk and downloaded their free printable set for the appointment and chart pages.  After laminating the appointment page I used packing tape to secure it to the front of the binder, now she can make her appointments with a dry erase maker and start all over the next day.  


Inside the binder I used a binder clip to secure the chart pages and thanks to bing's image search I was able to find animal x-rays that I also laminated and clipped to the other side of the binder.


The file box is a cereal box with one side cut open and re secured with packing tape then covered with contact paper from Dollar Tree + a set of dividers cut down a little to fit.  


For the doctor kit I found this great little bag at Ikea that reminded me a lot of the old time ones that doctors used to carry.  I purchased a real stethoscope from the local medical supply store + a few syringes from the pharmacy, q-tips, cotton balls and felt bandages. 


My Aunt Terri is an amazing seamstress and made the girls each a set of scrubs.  They have played with these things every day, more so than they ever have with any other gift, ever!  


Bailey has now requested her own doctor set and cages for her birthday.  I will also be creating the owl pillows I never got to for Christmas + a few other little projects I have in mind.  So much to do, so little time to do it.  Wouldn't it be great if we could extend the days to be 30 hours instead of 24?  

Hoping you are finding time for all the things in your life,
Nic

Update: Linked up with Bailey at 

Let Birds Fly

1 comment:

  1. These are the coolest thing ever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete