Monday, December 26, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

The past two weeks have been, for the most part, wonderful.  I have had my share of ups and downs, but the ups far outweighed the downs and despite my unusual lack of sleep I did a pretty good job of keeping it together + delivered probably the best Christmas to date!  

Day 1:  Redecorate the tree... I originally let the girls decorate the tree and left their creation in place for quite some time, but with only a week left I really wanted it to look better to have all my ornaments up.  I originally intended to have a smaller tree this year so that I could make it look nice and full with the ornaments I already had except when your 8 year old lights up because she found the tree you don't crush her just so you can keep your vision.  That being said, I know my tree looks bare and I know you can't see the pictures behind it but Katie will always remember that she got to pick out the tree this year.







If you are wondering why I don't have a tree topper it is because my angel did not look right + I couldn't find a new one I liked + my attempts at making one failed, miserably.

Day 2:  Worked on my handmade Christmas projects but forgot to take any pictures.

Day 3:  My wonderful sister took the girls for the day so their Grandpa could build and install their gifts, I took full advantage by spreading out in the living room/dinning room and got 80% of their presents done + thanks to my bestie 50% of them wrapped!



Day 4:  Grandpa finished up and we had a little Christmas time.  He built them platform beds that they could crawl under and have a little hide away + bookshelves to look like built-ins.  

Days 5-9:  Finished making presents and wrapping them up + took family pictures...












Day 10:  Christmas Eve!  Breakfast at my sisters with my mom and brother + finalizing and preparing for the evening.  Was kinda feeling like Prep & Landing except without the cool gadgets!  The girls got to open their new jammies and were off to bed to dream sweet dreams of Christmas morning.



Day 11:  Christmas Day!!  Best Christmas ever!!  The girls were so excited about their presents it was like they were 2 again!  At one point Katie came to me and said she was shaking inside she was so happy and excited.  :o)  I'm not a fan of Christmas morning pictures, too much going on so you'll forgive me for the lack there of.  We spent the rest of the day in Shelton with my in-laws, it was good to see everyone, my nieces and nephews are getting so big.

Day 12:  Such an awesome day!  The girls and I spent the day playing the new Disneyland adventures game, veterinarian, restaurant and of course setting up their room...











There is still more to do in their playroom and a few things to figure out in their bedrooms but they absolutely love everything that we've done so far and my mission for them to want to spend more time in their rooms is as of now a success.

On a side note, my mind has been thinking non stop about my little business venture and it is now my new years resolution to make it happen!  My next step is to begin working on a business plan and redecorating my living room, my inspiration for this new decor is inspiring.... don't worry it will make sense soon!  :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment