Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Space Bag Ottoman

 For those of you who don't know me I feel it's only fair to warn you that I am a blanket hoarder.  I love blankets, especially super soft fuzzy ones!  Since I love to change my decor so much I am constantly buying new throws to match whatever the feeling I'm going for + who can pass up a really good deal on a blanket?!  I like to give myself limits when it comes to stuff like this so unless it is a blanket for my bed I never allow myself to spend more than $10 ($20 if it's for the bed).

Even with the strict and rather unfair restrictions I place on myself I still ended up in a predicament with this stack of blankets taking up way to much space in my room and therefore in my mind.  A couple different ideas ran through my head as to what I was going to do to hide the mess.  I was pretty sure I had an empty plastic tub somewhere but I am trying to scale down the stuff in my storage closet to make room for emergency supplies, besides it wasn't all going to fit into one tub anyway.  Then of course I came up with plans for a hope chest type bench, but that meant having to wait for good weather and this is not the season for that.  Finally I figured it out and added space bag to my "looking for" list.  The next time I was at Ross I found a space bag cube with a storage ottoman to hide it in!  Only $14.99!!


I was pretty sceptical as to weather this was going to work. 


5 throw blankets + 1 Queen blanket + 1 Queen sheet


Win!! 



The ottoman on the other hand... Fail!

It isn't the ottoman so much as it is the space bag in the ottoman.  The good news is the blankets are now in the perfect storage container to be added to the emergency supplies and the wheels are already turning as to what I can do with the ottoman...





No comments:

Post a Comment