Monday, December 12, 2011

Handmade Christmas - Plans & Inspirations: Part 2

Although I wish I could have done more I have to say that the past 4 days have been a success.  The girls bedroom is painted, my Christmas shopping is 95% done and one quilt is half way done.

After work Thursday I cooked dinner and then got started on this out of control mess...



I threw away the garbage, purged the toys/stuff and got everything worth saving boxed up and out of the way.  I didn't get the top of my closet cleaned out, but honestly I don't know what I was thinking trying to do that now; other than it's a mess and makes me crazy.  Friday I did the same thing to their playroom, I find it funny how little is left in a room when you take out everything that doesn't belong there.

Saturday, my sister and I totally rocked our shopping trip!  We were in and out of Joann's in less than an hour, drove to Ikea and made it all the way through, with everything we wanted, in an hour!  Once back to Olympia we ran to Kohl's, Sufuras and Win-Co.  I made it back my house about 4:30, Jeff was at work and the girls had gone to a friends house for the night so I unloaded the car, put groceries away, cleaned my room so I could get presents put away and started sewing my quilts.


This is what the quilt looked like when I laid it out before I started sewing.

Yesterday, I ran over to Ross in the morning; found Katie a bird cage and both girls Christmas eve jammies.  While I was out, Jeff worked on the girls room, he took the shelves down and filled all the holes in the walls.  When I got home we took apart Katie's bed and loaded that plus all the other donations in the car and took them down to the thrift store.  We spent the rest of the day painting and (after they stepped in paint, tracking it across the carpet) wishing we had found something for the girls to do.  Here is a sneak peek at the paint...


I love the way the color turned out, but more importantly so do the girls.

Here is what I am hoping to accomplish in my next four days...

Monday, December 12th - Dinner, Once upon a Time, Blog & Sleep
Tuesday, December 13th - Decorate Christmas tree
Wednesday, December 14th - Finish recordable books, letters & teacher gifts
Thursday, December 15th - Get second set of squares sewn together.

For now my eyes are burning and I have a rather busy day ahead of me at work tomorrow so I will say good night.  Wish me luck and please take care.  

Hope you are enjoying the season!

Take Care,
Nic

2 comments:

  1. If you are buying a prevue hendryx large black flight bird cage, prepare to pay a hefty price. Be on the lookout, though, at garage sales and flea markets. Sometimes you can find an undiscovered treasure for mere pennies. More likely, though, you will have to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank' s for submitted this great article. may be You good collection about parrot cage hyacinth macaw
    .But i read and really enjoyed from your super style.I like and saved .Thanks for submission.....

    ReplyDelete