Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Handmade Christmas - Plans & Inspirations: Part 1

In case you haven't heard I have this awesome plan of making all the gifts I give this year!  Crazy right?  I didn't think so two months ago, but now, well now Christmas is 17 days away and all I have done is the wish necklaces for the girls.  I've now narrowed my handmade plans down to three things for the girls and one for my mother-in-law, my dad and hubby will help with my redesign of the girls bedroom and playroom, and Santa, well he's gonna have to break down a buy a few things, don't worry it wont be anything you can find at Wal-Mart or Target!

Now that I have most of my decorations done it is time for me to focus my energy on what I need to get done in two and half weeks (sounds better than 17 days right?!).  Here is my plan for the next 4 days, remember now, I will be working Thurs. and Fri. so if I don't get a lot done those two days, that's why.

Thursday, December 8th - Clean top of closet & cut squares for quilts
Friday, December 9th - Clean out girls rooms, purge and box up
Saturday, December 10th - Final shopping trip (I hope): Joann's, Ikea & grocery shopping
Sunday, December 11th - Paint girls rooms, work on pillows and quilts

I tried planning all 17 days but think I should stick to a few at a time, see what I get done then plan a few more.  Somehow it seems less daunting that way.  I'm also trying to be realistic about what I can accomplish in a single day, something that makes me crazy!  I want to be able to do it all!  But I need sleep, so.... there's that.

Now, I must give credit where credit is due; here are the pictures (and links) to the things that have inspired my projects as well as a few things Santa will be picking up this weekend.

Sweater Quilts
Yellow Suitcase Studio 
Owl Pillows
The Pioneer Woman

Ikea Shopping Trip



I'm off to design a little before bed, need to draw an owl pattern and get a least a few squares cut.


Wish Me Luck,
Nic





No comments:

Post a Comment